September 14, 2010

Riley Nelson will start vs. FSU, Bronco says | BYU Sports | The Salt Lake Tribune

I'm skeptical about the way Bronco is handling this. But I guess I'm not the coach. Heck, Whittingham took a lot of criticism when he pulled Terrance Cain last year in favor of a much less experienced true freshman Jordan Wynn. Cain was 7-1 as a starter, but he had a lower ceiling to where the offense could reach. I see the same thing with BYU this year. The ceiling is higher with heaps, but Nelson seems like the safer choice at the moment. I think Bronco will have to name one or the other a full time starter after the next two games, especially if they drop both of them. He'll get too much heat for the QB situation being the reasons for the losses. Of course, if they win using this same situation, then maybe it will continue all season.

Riley Nelson will start vs. FSU, Bronco says | BYU Sports | The Salt Lake Tribune
blog comments powered by Disqus